Friday, May 8, 2009
Happy Mother's Day, Mommie! Love you! xoxo
1. 你庆祝母亲节吗？怎样庆祝？/ do you celebrate mother's day?
When we were younger, my siblings and I would wake up early in the morning to make breakfast and serve her breakfast-in-bed with presents to show our appreciation for her. The meal would consist of food we loved to eat like steak, baked potato and salad even though it was for breakfast. I will also make it a point to prepare a special gift with my hands, like a card or craftwork. Now that we are older and busier, we usually celebrate by taking her out for a meal.
2. 在你的印象里，妈妈所做的最令你难忘的事？/ What is the thing your mother did that makes you unforgettable in your memory?
There are so many unforgettable things that my mother has done for me that makes it difficult to answer this question. If I had to pick one, it would be her deciding overnight to fly to London to take care of me when I was studying there and sick.
3. 如何评价你和你妈妈之间的关系? / How is the relationship between your mother and you?
The age gap between me and my mother is quite small at 20 years. So now especially, I sometimes treat her more like a friend. She has to remind me often that she is my mother when I cross the line with her.
4. 妈妈对你意味着什么？/ What does your mother mean to you?
I don't think I tell or show my mother often enough how much she means to me and how much I love her. In many ways, she means the world to me.
5. 你的妈妈对你的影响？/ How your mothers influence you?
I guess one of the biggest influence my mom has on me is her love and care towards older people. This is something that you cannot learn from text books but pick up by watching how she treats older people in our family.
6. 你最想对妈妈说的话？/ What are words you want to tell your mother?
Thank you mummy for always putting my interest at heart and for always loving me even though I can be quite difficult at times.
7. 你怎样表达对妈妈的爱意？/ How do you express your love to your mother?
I feel that love cannot be expressed by things like giving money or gifts. That is too easy. I try to express my love for my mom by observing small things that she might like. For example, if I come across a restaurant, massage, facials treatment that I like, I will always naturally think of her and remind myself to bring or give her a treat.
8. 对妈妈的祝福是什么？/ What are your blessings and wishes to your mother?
That she will be fun loving and funny always
9. 自己做妈妈之后的感受？ / what's your feeling after you became a mother?
That a mother will always love her children unconditionally and that we are only as happy as our happiest child is.
10. 身为一名母亲，想对孩子说的话？/ being a mother, what do you want to tell your kid?
That I may not always know or do the right thing (probably tell them this only when they are older and can understand) but I will always make decisions that will have their best interest at heart, given the circumstances.