Friday, August 29, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Details of the new baby incentives in Singapore announced, much to the disappointment of many pregnant mothers
Friday, August 8, 2008
1. Longer Maternity Leave. I am not asking for 1 year (like Swedish moms enjoy) since I know this is not going to be possible. I am asking for a realistic 6 months, so that more moms can be left in peace to breastfeed their babies full-time for at least this duration of time before semi-solids are introduced.
2. More childcare leave to spend time with your kids throughout the year. Currently, most companies only allow parents to take 2 more days off per year to spend with their kids. 2 days??? Are you kidding me or what???
3. Designated resting rooms in offices for pregnant and nursing moms to rest and express milk when necessary. The rooms should be quiet and designed to allow for privacy. Perhaps we need a design code for this, looking at how some nursing and changing rooms are designed in shopping malls here.
4. More quality childcare centre near work places. This will allow moms to transition comfortably back to work. The last time I checked at a childcare centre near my old work place, the waiting period for a place in the nearby childcare centre was 6 months! 6 months!!!! I am thankful that I opted for 1 year no pay leave instead to take care of my own kid. But I realise that not many families can survive without both parents working full time.
5. Higher childcare subsidies. Not everyone can afford $600-800 paying for childcare each month. If you have more than 2-3 children, all that an average income earner gets each month will probably all go to these childcare centres.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Pupsik™ Studio celebrates World Breastfeeding Week from Aug 1-7 by offering up to 15% discount on our nursing covers! Click here to buy a nursing cover and feed your baby with ease, comfort and style today!