Friday, July 23, 2010
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
"Write a special message in birthday cards - maybe a brief anecdote, a memory, something to read and re-read later, when your kids are grown up. (ahh....this is where our Little Milestones come in!)"
"When you go shopping, if your child did a really good job (not whining or fussing), make sure to stop after you check out and tell your child what he/she did right, say you appreciate the good behavior, are proud of him/her and then give a hug (maybe get a little treat afterward)"
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
You will need to be available to work at our warehouse office (located in the West) 4 hours each day (Mon-Fri), preferably from 9-1pm.
- Good writing and email communication skills
- Responsible, independent and organised
Previous Sales or Marketing experience not required but will be a plus. Preferably living near our warehouse office in the West.
If you would like to consider joining us, please send in your resume and pay expectations to pupsikteam(@)gmail.com. We need to consider several factors to assess if the job will suit you too based on your Background, Expertise, Interests, Geographical Location, Pay Expectations, Constraints (if any), so please include ALL this information in your application to help us in our assessment .
Some of you have emailed to asked me for more information such as working hours, location etc . As I will not be able to personally attend to all your emails in a prompt manner, it will be helpful if you can indicate your preference, or any constraints you may have, in your application to help me assess your suitability for this position.
If we feel that this current position may not be suitable for you, we would certainly like to keep your application in view of other potential positions in the future!
I will only be contacting the shortlisted candidates for this current position by email and thank everyone in advance for taking the time to send in your application!
Thanks once again!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
To be eligible for the discount, the session must be booked by July 15, 2010, and the session date must fall before August 15, 2010. A $50 deposit is required to reserve their slot. When booking, they just need to put PUPSIKFAN as their e-mail subject. The first 10 people to book a session will receive a further 20% discount for any additional items (extra prints, a CD of images from the session, coffee table books, etc.) should they decide to purchase.
Thank you Pink Elephant Labs!
Monday, June 21, 2010
However, this video serves as a gentle caution to anyone who wishes to engage Vera' Zagorodnova's services (henceforth referred to as "The Flower Girl") and releases Tan Su Ling (henceforth referred to as "The Mom") from any moral or legal obligations whatsoever for any events that may/may not occur during the actual wedding procession.
Pettitop and Pettiskirt from who else but the gorgeous Princess Ratbag of Australia.
Different parents use different methods of potty training their kids. When adopting the Practice makes Perfect method of potty training, the biggest challenge a parent has is to remind their child that they need to go potty.
The Potty Watch is designed to help with just that challenge! It takes care of the job for you the parent and not only makes it easy for you but fun for your child!
How does the Potty watch work?
The Potty Watch helps children remember to try to go potty by playing music and lighting up at 30, 60, or 90 minute intervals, as set by their parent. Children just starting their potty training will usually start at 30 minute intervals, and increase as they get better at knowing when they need to go.
To help children stay on the potty long enough to really try, the PottyWatch plays songs (see video above) that they can sing along to while they're trying to go.
Features of the Potty Watch:
- 30, 60 and 90 minute modes that will count down to 00:00.
- Song plays and lights flash to remind your child that it is time to go potty
- After song (see song lyrics below), timer automatically resets itself and begins counting down again
- Wristband - kid friendly FDA approved TPR soft rubber
- Comes in 3 colors - Blue for Boys, Pink for Girls
- NOTE: This is not a watch - it is timer to remind your child to go potty
Wristband length - 7 1/2 inches. For small wrists can fasten down to 4 3/4 inches
Face dimensions are 1 1/4 inches x 1 1/2 inches
(Tune "London Bridge")
Look at me, it's potty time,
Potty time, potty time.
Look at me, it's potty time,
Let's go potty now.
I'm So Happy
(Tune "Oh My Darling")
I'm so happy,
I'm so happy,
I'm so happy, when I'm dry!
So I'm going to the potty,
Every hour, I will try.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
(above) Girly Alphabets
Mae is Australian made & owned. What I also love about them is they make a point to keep the environment in mind and their products are sourced from local small businesses. Their packaging is recycled & their stickers use eco inks.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
1. Sight. Research has shown that baby’ eyes are immature at birth and can only focus on contrasting colors like black and white. However, as they grow, they are attracted to bright primary colors. Chose brightly coloured toys such as this and this that are easy to gasp and most importantly safe for your child to chew on.
2. Touch. As your infant grows his/her sense of touch is more developed and this is evident when he starts fiddling with things. When you notice this, it’s important for you to introduce different kinds of textures such as this and this to your baby to stimulate his sense of touch.
3. Hearing. Studies have shown that babies respond well to sounds even before birth. Music can soothe your baby during uncomfortable times. Consider getting a musical toy with a gentle tune to play for your baby even before birth. They will continue to be comforted by the familiar melody they hear from your womb even after they are born. Rattles are also helpful in stimulating baby’s eyes and ears, while at the same time encouraging your little one to lift his/her arms and feet.
4. Taste. You will also notice at one point that your baby will enjoy putting things in their mouths. This is a natural reflex and an important part of their development. Chewing on different materials and shapes stimulates the periodontal membrane under the teeth. This helps promote jaw development which is essential as they start on semi-solid food. It is important to choose teethers that are made from non-toxic materials and are appropriately sized for baby's mouth and hands.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Recently, Nadya has taken to flinging and throwing her food and dishes on the floor. Vera had gone through this stage when she neared her terrible-twos and we managed then with Ikea children’s dishes. With use however, we found that the Ikea plastics got scratched up and worn looking over time which got me very worried about using them.
What I also like about RICE, besides being beautiful eye candy, is that the designs are well thought through. The spoon and fork set for instance are smooth around the edges, unless the Ikea ones that tend to be quite sharp (not great if you have a food-stabbing kiddo like mine).
Monday, May 17, 2010
Vera had the honour of throwing the dart to find our lucky winner....Want to know who won? Watch the video below to find out!
Dear winner, please contact me to claim your prize. If it is unclaimed within 7 days, this prize will roll over to our next giveaway! Thank you to all the 200+ participants for joining the fun!
ps: Don't miss our next 2 giveaway on our facebook when we hit 900 fans!
Designed like little ice cubes that click together to attach, all you have to "un-click" a cube from the rest in the freezer, defrost in microwave, serve food straight from the pot and viola! I find this really convenient since I usually freeze concentrated soup stock which I use to add to porridge for that added nutrition and taste for the kids.I love the fact that the little pots click on and off easily. Its "lego-like" design means that you can configure it any way you like and even stack them up to optimise your freezer space. Each blocks is designed with easy open lids that lift up but also close firmly so it is great for travel without having to worry about spilling. Plus there is a pen included for you to write what you have freezed (important cos all frozen food look kinda the same!).
These portioners are wonderful to have when you are weaning as it conveniently stores pre-prepared food purees neatly in the freezer and all you have to do is "unclick" and pop in your diaper bag when you are planning to go out. The lids also keep out potentially unpleasant fridge odour from your precious baby food. Neat!
Friday, May 7, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
In no particular order, the first baby to receive the top 3 highest number of votes is.........#37 Baby Ayden, the adorable baby of Mom Yee Lin! Clap clap clap!!!!!
And the last but definitely no least baby with the most number of votes for our contest this year is #17 Baby Rayanne, baby of Mom Rachel! Clap clap clap!!
ps: Winners, please drop me an email to claim your prize! x
Friday, April 23, 2010
- Foil cupcake liners or silicone cake molds
- Bits of crayon
- Baking sheet
- Put the pieces of crayon into cupcake liners or cake molds on a baking sheet. Experiment with different sizes of crayons to get different effects. Little pieces will create a dotted look; large chunks, a bolder look. (And regular crayons tend to run together more than Cray-Pas.)
- Set the oven to its lowest setting, and put the baking sheet on the middle tray. Leave it in the oven for about 5 minutes, slightly longer if necessary. (Crayons will melt much faster than Cray-Pas.) Take out the tray when the bits are just melted. If they liquefy too much, the disks will come out a dull brown color.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, using mitts. Leave the crayons to cool and harden completely, then carefully remove the crayons from the liners or molds.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Want to know who is the random lucky fan for this giveaway? Take a look at the video below!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
If you were following this search last year, you would know of our lovely winners - Baby Hannah, Baby Jey and Baby Raeann, (above from left to right). This year, we will again have 3 lovely babies to walk away with a bunch of prizes that even I (the organiser) would like to win. The prizes includes photo packages generously sponsored by creative photostudios specialising in children/family photography such as Pink Elephant Labs and Studio Loft. In addition the winners will get to walk away with a new pouch of their choice from our new range of reversible pouches (launch date TBC) and a bunch of other prizes from our partners this year.
And if you are in need of a little persuasion to enter your little one for this contest, let me give you 3 good reasons why you should:
1. Everyone is a winner! Unlike the usual big magazine contests when you send in a picture and never hear back, you can be sure that everyone is a winner in this "contest". All entries will receive a $10 gift voucher that you can use to redeem from our store (terms apply).
2. You decide who wins! Call this our own version of American Idol if you like but we would like you, the mommy/daddy/grandma/grandpa/friend/uncle...to vote for our winners this year! Since this is more for fun, rather than creating unneccessary competition, the actual results of the voting will be confidential and we will only be announcing the winners with the highest number of votes . So, if you have a lot of computers, family members, fans and friends rooting for your kiddo, I say your chance of winning is incredibly high. =))
2. In the name of fun! We will be sharing the pictures (unless you do not want us to) in an online photogallery that we are creating. Not only will this precious and intimate moment of you and your child be captured together with us for a long time to come, this is also a fun and great way to share your babywearing journey with hundreds of others who have yet to discover the joy and benefits of babywearing!
I hope the above will convince you to join us this year! If so, please email your favourite picture(s) of your little one in a pouch to us at email@example.com with the subject heading "Pupsik in a Pouch 2010". Please let us know you and your baby's name. It will be great if you could include a few words with your entry to tell us why you like our baby pouch carriers.
You can be as creative as possible and send in as many pictures (funny, sweet, adorable, memorable) of your little one in a pouch. There is no age limit and if you entered last year, you can enter again this year as long as you are sending in a new photograph. If you have submitted multiple pictures, we will select one photo for the final voting exercise.
The deadline for entries is 30 March 2010.
I hope everyone can make this as fun as possible again this year. Thanks again and let the pictures roll! xoxo
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Ever since I got Alexi last year, I have been searching for suitable friends to join him and the rest if the gang on the shelf. I hence asked Xin if she could make me a toy to be named after my one year old, Nadya. I happily sent her a picture of Nadya as a "design brief" for the soft toy.
"Plum" and "The Anonymous Rabbit" are now available on Xin's etsy store, Truffel Tree. Do visit and support her beautiful creations!
ps: Xin and I are working together on a new toy that I hope will be available under The Fair section of Pupsik Studio soon. Stay tuned!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Tip Toey Joey shoes are high-quality shoes specially designed for growing feet with thin rubber soles and “stretching heel”. Arguably the most “healthy” baby shoes on the market, Tip Toey Joeys are soft and non restrictive all over to support and protect baby’s very soft and malleable foot bones – bones that grow faster during baby’s first three years of life than at any other time.
Crafted of soft, 100% genuine leather inside and out, they allow baby’s feet to breathe, grow without restriction, flex naturally – and feel deliciously comfortable! But unlike other leather baby shoes, they feature a contoured design to match the shape of baby’s feet, an exclusive stretching heel for ease and fit, and a thin rubber sole that gives new walkers grip and protection while still allowing them to sense irregularities in the ground – something that’s essential for the natural development of foot muscles, balance and posture. Plus – elastic laces that never come undone, and allow the shoe to custom-adjust to baby’s foot.
These are high-quality, eye-catching shoes for those who demand the very best for their baby’s feet. I also love that there is a good range of colours and designs to cater to both boys and girls, whether you are looking for something casual or formal.
Tip Toey Joey are available at $68 on Pupsik Studio. They probably cost slightly more than your average shoe but is worth every cent considering your child will be wearing them much more often than any other clothing item they own, if not every day. You will instantly notice how differently your toddler walks in a good pair of shoes that is designed to give the right kind of support that is comfortable and allows them to feel the ground at the same time. The well constructed leather shoe (ohh...did I mention how wonderful it smells?) also means that it is made to last so you can keep it for your next one or another lucky child.