Vera's response when introduced to her cot mobile friends for the first time at 2 months.
Vera: oh dada...you are so funny and ridiculous!
2. More childcare leave to spend time with your kids throughout the year. Currently, most companies only allow parents to take 2 more days off per year to spend with their kids. 2 days??? Are you kidding me or what???
3. Designated resting rooms in offices for pregnant and nursing moms to rest and express milk when necessary. The rooms should be quiet and designed to allow for privacy. Perhaps we need a design code for this, looking at how some nursing and changing rooms are designed in shopping malls here.
4. More quality childcare centre near work places. This will allow moms to transition comfortably back to work. The last time I checked at a childcare centre near my old work place, the waiting period for a place in the nearby childcare centre was 6 months! 6 months!!!! I am thankful that I opted for 1 year no pay leave instead to take care of my own kid. But I realise that not many families can survive without both parents working full time.
5. Higher childcare subsidies. Not everyone can afford $600-800 paying for childcare each month. If you have more than 2-3 children, all that an average income earner gets each month will probably all go to these childcare centres.
Some of you have been wondering how this diary is different and how it can be used so I managed to get a pic on the insides showing exactly this! As the layout shows, you don't have to have 4 children to make the most out of this agenda. The additional rows can be used to fill out important "To Do" lists for the day. Plus there is even a last row for you to plan your dinners so that you only have to go grocery shopping once a week!
Same scene, only minutes later, and she was grabbing the spoon from us...
Here are more links to videos charting Vera's growth during her first year.
2. Reading (the car manual)
4. Daddy don't sing...please.
If you are interested in pre-ordering these limited edition nursing ponchos or beansprout pillows, please email me at email@example.com soon!
I am currently doing a bulk purchase discount on bean sprout pillows. If you are wondering what these are, they are pillows filled with au-naturel bean sprout kernels that have been specially handpicked, cleaned and dried.
Light, cooling and safe, these pillows are perfect for calming newborn babies who are easily frightened by sudden movements and noises caused by the surroundings. When placed across their chest, a beansprout pillow with good coverage give babies a sense of security when they are sleeping. When baby grows older, the pillow can be used as a bolster or comfort pillow. To maintain, just sun the pillow once a week to keep the kernels crisp and odour-free.
Price of each pillow range from SGD$16.90 - $21.90, depending on which cover design you choose. These will be great for your little one or a gift for a friend.
For more info on the designs available and how to order, please click here. We will be able to ship each pillow overseas for a flat rate of SGD$12. For local orders, you can combine the orders of the pillows with other products on our online store to qualify for free registered shipping if you purchase above $100.
To order, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!